Journaling is a great way to clear your mind of negative emotions. As humans, we tend to hold so many emotions whether positive or negative. Most of the time, it is difficult to get rid of negativity and self-doubting beliefs. Personal growth journal prompts help you in self-discovery by paying attention to your own positives.
Journaling can be intimidating the first time. I remember when I learned about journaling almost two years ago, I could not write anything. I was staring at the blank paper and had no words to write. I was going through a very bad phase and wanted to solve my problems.
At that time, I started writing a journal. It was mostly about my problems and the issues that were troubling me. Writing my thoughts on paper helped me to figure out what was the problem. Issues were not that big except that I feared to convey what was in my mind.
I was always trying to avoid the situations where I had to confront the problem. Journaling helped me in becoming brave enough to speak my mind. And see, things are much better now. I haven’t done anything else except journaling and meditation. My life is much better now.
I want you to have clarity about yourself. am writing a few journal prompts which I myself use. You can pick those which you like and start working on it.
Journaling can help you in these triumphs of life. You are in a situation due to your past thoughts, past actions and your environment. If you will not change your actions and environment, how can you think of a better future? In order to change your situation, you have to change your thoughts and your inner environment. In other words, you have to figure out who you are.
Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead. Morihi Ueshiba
51 personal growth journal prompts for you
While writing a journal, you can write everything you have in your mind. Believe me, this is the most difficult thing to do. Giving words to your feelings is the most difficult thing to do (I feel it very difficult). These personal growth journal prompts will definitely help you in your quest of self-discovery
- Three things that happened yesterday and made me happy
- What do I exactly want from life ( This is the most difficult to answer but you will get clarity once you start writing)
- What can make me feel happy now?
- When do I feel most happy?
- 5 beautiful words that express my personality
- 5 things I am grateful for myself
- What are my limiting beliefs about myself
- That one thing which is troubling me right now
- How can I solve that one problem
- Write about the days when you felt like on the moon
- 5 most important people in my life that make me feel happy
- My 3 most important goals for this year(big goals)
- How do I want my whole year to be?
- How was my last year?
- What brings tears in my eyes?
- I feel most energised when …..
- I am closest to myself when…..
- How my environment surrounding me is affecting myself as a person?
- How do I feel after having an argument with my friends ( this one is so clear to me now)
- If you want to live one experience of life again, what it is. ( For me, I want to go back to college with my friends). That was the most beautiful phase of my life. Whenever I visit my home country, I always go to my beautiful Engineering college.
- My favourite way to rewind is ……..
- What is one thing that I love about myself?
- The funniest memory that makes me laugh
- My biggest strength is…
- What do I want to change about me?
- Am I happy in my body and skin?
- I will change this one habit in this month/year
- What is my biggest weakness and what I should do to overcome it?
- What stresses me out quickly?
- How can I manage my stress? ( Create few ways to manage your stress)
- Do I practice self-care daily?
- If not then how can I start taking care of myself
- Where do I want myself to be in 5 years?
- How can I make my tomorrow better than today
- Why I always struggle to take action?
- Why I always procrastinate on important tasks?
- Why I am here and what is the purpose of my life?
- Write 5 things that make you angry.
- 5 qualities I want people to remember about me.
- My best skills I am grateful for and I want to share with others .
- What gives me confidence?
- My favourite music and songs are…
- The most painful thing I went through and how it affected me?
- How do I love to spend my time?
- What success means to me?
- 5 things I should do daily to pursue my dreams
- What motivates me the most?
- How can I start eating healthy?
- What is missing from my life that can fill all the voids in my life?
- 5 things I want to let go of my life
- What is my dream job or dream business I want to pursue?
These are few of the journal prompts that will let you clear your mind. Life’s purpose is to find your self.
As Joseph Campbell said,
Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question, when you are the answer. Joseph Campbell
Life is all about growing as a person and discovering who you are. These journal prompts will help you in self-discovery.
Start with any of the journal prompts and you will feel the changes in your own thoughts and the way you feel. I hope these journal prompts will help you have a clear mind about yourself.