Journal prompts for self-esteem are a great way to uplift your spirits and life. Writing a journal helps you find out the real YOU who may be hidden in the non-ending self-sabotaging thoughts. I can tell you from personal experience, writing a journal helps on focusing more on positives than negatives.
Low self-esteem is the result of constant negative thinking about yourself. writing a journal shifts your energies from negative to positive. When I first started writing a journal, my first page was all about what I think about myself now? All the words which I used to explain ME, were negative.
After journaling for one month, again I did the same exercise and compared the responses. You won’t believe me, there was a total change of my perception about myself.
I used all the powerful and positive words to explain my feelings after one month. Do this exercise and you will see the difference. This will definitely build your self-esteem. Start writing today. If you need help to start, read further.
Do you feel like your mind goes blank when you want to write something and you stare at a blank page with a pen in your hand? I have compiled a few Journal prompts which you can use to uplift your self-esteem.
21 journal prompts for self-esteem
1.What do you think about yourself? Start your first page with this and then compare it after one month.
2. what is the best compliment you have got till today? How did you felt about it?
3. Write down the unique qualities you have? You may be able to find a few after some introspection.
4. What was the mistake you made recently and how did it make you feel?
5. Do you have difficulty making decisions? How do you feel when you have choices?
6. What are your 5 qualities which make you feel proud of yourself?
7. What is self-esteem for you? Which qualities do you associate with self-esteem?
8. Make a list of things you want to do but are afraid of?
9. Which are the best qualities you think you want to have in yourself?
10. What is your proudest moment till today and what made you feel so proud?
11. What failures does stop you from living your life to the fullest? What can you do to improve?
12. Do you love your self? What kind of words would you say to yourself?
13. Describe something you do better than other people around you. (This may be the best quality you should be proud of)
14. Write down your goals for life. Now, pen down the top three goals you want to accomplish this year. Explain how do you want to work on them.(start working on them)
15. Who is your role model or inspiration? What are their best qualities which you admire?
16. What would you do if you knew you will be successful and not fail?
17. Write down 5 things in your life which gives you stress and anxiety. What can you do to change that?
18. What are the 5 things you think are responsible for your low self-esteem? What can you do to improve on that?
19. Write down 5 things which makes you happy daily. Try to remember those whenever you feel low.
20. What were your dreams as a teenager or child? Write down those and see whether your present life reflects that? This one is my favourite.
21. Do you look after yourself? what are your daily self-care plans? If you don’t have any, make one today.
Writing down a journal will help you figure out what are the things that are responsible for your low esteem. Confidence, self-esteem, anxiety, all are inside us. They all originate from the thoughts we think. It is all about shifting the thoughts.
I know, changing your thinking is the most difficult task. But as we all know, we have a conscious and subconscious mind. If we go on thinking self-defeating thoughts, it will destroy self-esteem.
On the other hand, thinking positively helps in building confidence and self-esteem. Writing a journal helps you find out where your thoughts are going.
Even if you are going through the therapy, these journal prompts for self-esteem will speed up the process of recovery.
📍If you like my post, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest🙂