Keeping a journal is a good way to channelize your thoughts and energy towards the solution of problems. Learn how to keep a journal with these journal prompts.
It also helps in remembering the ideas and resources needed to implement those ideas. Also, it helps you to recover from anxiety and depression and stay at peace. If you have mild anxiety, journaling can help you to stay calm. ( If you have chronic anxiety, please talk to your health care provider).
It is dumping your problems, emotions, feelings on paper. After writing everything on paper your mind will be in a better position to process the thoughts. Journaling helps in clarity of ideas. Your mind feels free from the shadows of disturbing thoughts and you could see the clear picture. It is the catharsis of mind.
When you set a time for a writing journal, it becomes a rest and recovery time for your mind.
Journals are being introduced for mental health as it helps in improving the brain health
How to keep a journal and start writing to stay calm
Start in the morning
Morning is the best time for journaling. Though you can write at any time, the important part is to start writing. Start with 10 minutes. If you don’t have time to write a lot then start with a few lines.
You can use paper and pen or you can start a digital journal. Some people feel comfortable while writing on paper. But writing a digital journal can help you in keeping privacy more secure. Digital apps provide you with passwords to protect your privacy.
Write what you did in your day
Date your page. Start with writing about your day. Write down what you did in the past 24 hours. Put on paper whatever you can remember about your actions.
Don’t analyze anything and don’t worry about the mistakes and grammar. It is something personal to you. So stop judging your self and let the sentences flow retaining their original essence. Make this moment and the journal your very personal.
What are you thinking now
After writing down what you did in your 24 hours, it is the time to reflect on what you are thinking now. Clearing your mind from past thoughts make it conducive to new thoughts.
With a clear mind, you can start getting creative ideas to write down. Jot them down on paper even if you feel like they don’t make any sense. If your mind is totally blank, sit with closed eyes, relax and feel the
What ideas you have in your mind
You will have some new ideas in your mind. Write them down. These could be about your future and what you want to do. If you will not write them down you will definitely forget them. Putting the ideas on paper takes the burden off from the bran.
What decisions you need to take
You will need to make some decisions in your life. But you are unable to gather the courage to implement those decisions. Keeping a journal will help you in making a decision.
Because reflecting on one thing for a few days will help you in knowing the pros and cons. Instead of getting overwhelmed by the new idea, you will have a strong reason to start something new with a focus.
How these decisions will impact your life
The decisions which we take today always impact our future. Now reflect on the decisions you want to take and how they will shape your future. Suppose you want to change your career and you have to change your job.
Making a big change can be daunting at first sight. Your mind will get stuck on this thought whether to change a job or not. Writing down will make a room for you to see the bigger picture. Just write down what you think without paying attention to the outcome.
After this activity, you can start thinking about the next step. Now think about how it will impact your financial situation. You may ask few questions to yourself:
- Do you have enough savings?
- Will you be able to support your family?
- How much time the new career will take to build?
This is just an example. There will be much bigger situations in your life which you want to alter. Start journalling them, you will definitely have an answer.
Do you have enough strength to execute these decisions
Now this the most daring part. You need a certain amount of strength and courage to execute your decisions. Analyze the decisions and write them down.
Write down if you are ready for the change. Writing all this will get you ready for new thoughts. You don’t have to make a loop of recurring thoughts.
This is something your personal
Don’t worry and just write down. This is your personal space which you don’t have to share with anybody. Just write down the way you want. Writing helps in remembering things which otherwise you will forget. So
Pay gratitude in journal even if for one thing
End your daily journal with paying gratitude. Paying gratitude in your journal is one more important activity. This will help you in feeling better. Or try to pray at the end
Here are 25 Journal prompts for anxiety
- What is the greatest challenge in your life right now?
2. What bothers you the most and why?
3. What are the characteristics you love about others? Write 5 traits.
4. What are the 10 things you like about yourself?
5. Write 5 things which always make you happy.
6. What are the 3 things you want to do in life but are afraid of?
7. What are the 3 happiest moments in your life?
8. Write about the worries and challenges you are having now in your mind.
9. How your family members make you feel?
10. Three things for which you are happy now.
11. Make a list of compliments you can remember you got about you
12. Write how you feel when you get anxiety
13. Make a list of things you can do to improve your mental health
14. What are the 5 things you like about yourself and why?
15. Write down your biggest anxiety triggers.
16. What are the emotions you have now and how these are affecting your mood?
17. When do you felt so proud of yourself? Write it done and why you felt like that.
18. What do you learn from anxiety and tension arising from it?
19. What are the 5 things you can do to feel more fulfilled?
20. What are 10 promises you want to make to yourself to be at peace and stay calm?
📍 If you like my post, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest🙂